Not enough time in Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
August 7th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had to leave Napier this morning somewhat early. We had a 4 hour drive, the longest so far, to Wellington. Wellington was a nice city even though we weren’t there long enough to really judge it. We arrived around 4 or 5pm. We took advantage of the Holiday Inn leisure center. It had a pool, hot tub and sauna. It was nice and quiet, since it was the two of us and an older man. The only problem I had was the Speedo on the old man. I know I have to get used to them, they are the preferred swimming costume of many Europeans but man, THE ONLY men that look good in a Speedo are professional swimmers and David Beckham. (Denise, do you like how I used swimming costume instead of bathing suit. Haha)
After the pool we met up with Aly, Andy, and Grace for dinner. It was great to see them again and compare stories of places we both had been. After dinner, Aly and Grace went back to the hotel and Mark, Andy, and I went to a bar. One thing that has been strange is that a lot of the bars closed at 10:30pm. Weird.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.2kb