Day 73


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
December 11th 2010
Published: December 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day which we had been ever so slightly nervous/excited/absolutely-wetting-ourselves about! SKYDIVING!! Before the event however we had a date with some more steaming mud pools! loooovley!! and a geyser which with the help of some washing powder went off at 10.15am shooting massive jets of water into the air! Next stop was another photo opportunity at the spectacular Hukka falls which were so beautiful! Then just to make us more nervous we watched some of our fellow bus buddies do a bungy jump in a canyon before we were dropped at the air field! Because practically the whole bus were diving we had to wait for what felt like an eternity until we could get suited up and strapped to our dive masters!! Becky had a little problem with the stunning red jump suit, putting it on back to front, but fortunately we were corrected and ready to go! We boarded the propeller plane having watched everyone else go up and come safely back down but the fear was running extremely high with Elin especially looking like she was about to die!!! On board the little propellor plane the climb to 12,000ft took a little longer than anticipated and it wasn't until 20 minutes later that the door was rolled up and Becky pretty much dragged out of the plane looking ever so slightly shell-shocked!! Elin was next and with the help of her dive master Brad she made the jump too and both girls disappeared into the sky!! The door shut and the plane went up again to 15000ft with just Camilla on board desparate to get out!! She toppled out too and we all miraculously survived and actually had possibly the most amazing 45/60 seconds of our lives!!! Not to mention the phenomenal views over Lake Taupo which is the size of Singapore!!! Back safely on the ground we re-lived the experience as we watched the DVDs of our dive which were hilarious! On a massive high we returned to the hostel so excited about the days activities!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.6kb