Prawns and Porn Farms...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
February 22nd 2008
Published: February 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

There are lots of Dutch people travelling these islands at the momentndas you might guess I chatter to people quite easily, the Dutch too. At Taupo I was parked next to three people, the Dutch girl spoke English and told me about a wonderful walk just out of hte town beside the river up to the Fuka Falls ( I think that's how they are spelt - looks rude!!) and then she recommended carrying on to the Moon Crater site which is all about the hot water area, with its own small mud pools and sulphur smell. After that she said I must go the Porn Farm.... yes... Now how do you actually go on with that conversation when you are talking to a total stranger? Well of course I couldn't keep a straight face, because she continued by saying that they tasted delicious!! Thankfully she has my kind of humour and we laughed more over a glass of wine, then she had to translate to her two Swiss companions.

Needless to say , I have been to the porn farm this mornng and in my boot I have half a kilo of the creatures, waiting to be cooked. The chowder was delicious, so it will be high class cooking outside my tent tonight!

Advertisement



22nd February 2008

Re:Prawns and Porn Farms
Oh my! Fuka AND Porn .... life doesn't get much better than that, huh.
22nd February 2008

Porn?
Well, I hope they taste good! Sound like you're meeting some interesting people in your travels ....
22nd February 2008

Prawns
I love your blogs. We are missing you at pilates, make sure you do some roll downs! Can I give your blog address to Ruth and Anne? Trust you to get the porn at Fukka Falls.
22nd February 2008

Prawn etc
Hi Liz, Yes, of course you can, and the prawns were delicious...
22nd February 2008

People
Yes, its great, theonly problem is the rain today.
22nd February 2008

Falls
You are so right Tami!

Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb