One minute of falling through the sky.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As always I have done quite a lot since the last update. We got the ferry over from Picton to Wellington. Wellington is the first real city we have seen in New Zealand. There was buildings over 2 stories and everything!! We hastily moved on from these very un-kiwi place and trundled up to Panaramrorororo where we played for a while and went to the cinema. Hmm. Then we went to Whakapap to see mount doom (L.O.T.R.) and visit their national park.

Next was lake Taupo which apparently has th e best trout fishing in the world, thanks Ed. It was formed by the biggest volcanic erruption ever recorded and left a huge crator..Obviously didn't do it as don't have two cents to rub together at the moment. Did book a sky dive in Roturua for Saturday tho!!!!!!!!!!! Haha.

We then headed to Roturua, stopping at a bee farm on the way. We also stopped of at moon crater land thingy. Where basically the ground boils cos is on a tectonic plate line thingybob and steam flies out from the ground. Was cool walking thru it. Today we say a Geyser errupt and went to another national park with all other volcanio things going on. Please say if i am getting too techniqual.

That's a very condensed version of what i did in the last couple of days. I want to go zorbing today but cánnot afford it. After I buy my skydive I have 400 pounds left. Whoops. Skydiving may not be too wise but have to do it. It's the law.

Sky dive 2moro at 10am. Falling out of a plan at 15000ft, we are going to be oxygen assisted in the plan as it is so high. Wont need oxygen outside as we fall so fast. 60 seconds freefall!! We will reach terminal velocity of 200k/hour. Sound exciting?!

Take care y'all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb