Whakatane to Raglan


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Raglan
September 18th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a good nights sleep, we cooked a big breakfast and sausage, beans, scrambled eggs and toast which went down exceedingly well especially after the few beers from the night before! As usual we were on the road by 10am and heading along the northern coast to Tauranga. We then headed inland towards Hamilton but it was raining so we only stopped briefly for money and fuel. Mark then realised he had left the precious lamb chops in Whakatane! Totally gutted, we pushed on toward the west coast.

We stopped for lunch at the side of the road and made it to Raglan around 2.30pm. First stop was the butchers to replace our chops and then we checked into a scenic campsite. It was still raining but we played outside in the rain anyway. Once we got tired we retired to the TV lounge to watch a couple of films and play some table tennis.

Dinner was lamb chops with chick peas and rice. The lamb was tasty although Mark was ademant that the original ones would have been tastier. We slept in our Spaceship for the last time and enjoyed a good nights rest!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb