Whitianga!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Whitianga
August 24th 2005
Published: August 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today has been awesome! I didn't have a great night in the youth hostel, but met up with a small group of people on the bus this morning.
Having headed out to a mountain over Auckland for photo opportunities, really spectacular views! We suddenly emerged into green countryside!
Stopped in a little place called Tiarua(?) For food, drinks etc, then we carried on to a stunning place called Cathedral Cove, it was a gorgeous sandy beach, with a water fall falling onto the sands. And the sea was the most amazing azure blue colour ever, nothing like the North Sea!
Moving swiftly on we arrived in Whitianga and checked into a small hostel that had only been open for 3weeks! Most comfortable beds ever! After checking in we all made our way down to the sea front for some bone carving, so now have my own necklace in the shape of the koru!
After baing advised on where to eat by the lady running the carving several of us headed off to a pub called Smitty's and after stuffing a massive cooked meal we got roped into the locals pub quiz! And to begin with we were winning! Music round 10/10! But final round, "Sports and Games" aka New Zealand Rugby and Olympic medal winners! We didn't win, surprise surprise!
Crashed into bed following an eventful day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb