Coromandel - Hahei


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Hahei
February 12th 2009
Published: February 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hahei BeachHahei BeachHahei Beach

Rob, thinking he's David Beckham in my sarong!
14th - 18th December 2008 Hahei

Hahei is a cracking little seaside village. The beach is great and there is lots to do and visit nearby. We swam and relaxed on the beach. Rob thought he was David Beckham and put my sarong on - why does he always look better in my stuff than I do? Still, it's a worrying habit - my bikini top in Thailand, a girls' thong (brand new!) in Turkey and my sarong in NZ, not to mention a dress in the UK! Who knows what Oz will bring!

We also visited Hotwater Beach which was amazing. We had never seen or felt anything like it. Part of the beach is thermal so that if you did a hole in the sand it fills with hot water. Some places are so hot you can hardly bear to stand in them. It was packed with people who had dug pools and were lying in them. We paddled and poached people's pools when they got up to leave - why exhaust yourself digging when you can get someone to do all the hard work for you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Hahei BeachHahei Beach
Hahei Beach

This is the beach right next to the campsite we stayed on.
Hotwater BeachHotwater Beach
Hotwater Beach

This dog was so sweet - it was loving the hot water pool


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb