Long trip back


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands
March 28th 2011
Published: May 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cape reginaCape reginaCape regina

north most point of NZ
Even after the big day i had yesterday i was feeling great. great clear morning but my worst fears, theres was still a really strong wind. the trip want gunna be easy. I farwelled my new friend and had to clime out of this place but that was the least of my problems.
I road the 5k north to cape Reinga and with ease mind you because of a tail wind. the cape was really nice clear sky. It was about a 1ks walk to the light house so i road down there. It was amazing to see the clashing of the Tasman and the pacific oceans was a great sight. Some Mauri (native)people believe the cape is the jumping off point for the soul into the next world.
So after a good look around i was on my way south with a strong head wind and a shit load of hills. After 30k i had another close call with a car dam near takeing the skin from hands once again at road works.
After awhile i ran into another cyclest on his way to the cape. I didnt think it would be possible to carry so much gear on a
Tasmin vs PacificTasmin vs PacificTasmin vs Pacific

clashing of the seas
bike he had 2 front panniers to rear, tent on the back along with a 60lt ratsack and with that he day a day pack on. Crazzy if ya ask me that much gear just isnt needed and he looked fucked and wasnt ever 1/4 of the way. I camped at a town hall 80ks south i just could do 115k with this wind.
i got another eary start and deside just to ride and see where i ended up (seems to be the best way) was a great ride all day no major hills. i got 100k and 15k short of karo was a little farm hostle looked nice enough so in i went!!!!!!! read nexted blog for more.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb