North Most point in New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland » Cape Reinga
March 25th 2011
Published: May 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Pulled up well this morning but only gunna head to Kaitaia with is 50ks north. 20ks into it i ran in to an older couple heading south to wellinton they stared at the cape a few days ago. They were 70YO and retiard and were going really well and looked great. They opted to stay in backpacks But still had alot of gear at least 10kg. Once again i was off to Kaitaia.
I stoped to check the bike over breaks wernt felling right, its at that point i forgot one of the most inportent spares. Break pads!!! I had blows throug me first pair already. All i could do is swap front to back and take it easy and hope theres a bike shop in Kaitaia. When i got there firt things i did was get buy pads and i was lucky they were closeing down but i got 2 ses. I stayed in Kaitaia for 2 night due to bad weather. While there i meet a germain Saskia and a pom Oran we aranged to meet out the Cape the nexted day so it was done. I was gunna have to do over 115ks to make the target. And
SunsetSunsetSunset

Not sure how it work but at the campsight there was no mist and just a great sunset
i always make what i set out to do. The choice was there to get the bus but that takes the point away from cycleing.
Got a real ealy start 6am first light. The nexted 80ks was just great flat fast and not much trafic. The last 35k was just the operset very very hilly slow and weather showed its face. There was really heavey sea mist set in and couldnt see 15mt in front of me. I was conpletley fucked blind and now speeding trafic comeing from no where, i had to be realy careful of the trafic they would of had seconds from seeing me to reacting it wasnt the best time. I got to the Cape and that was a waist you couldnt see shit just white sea mist not even the lig house. I wernt to fussed i would come back in the morning. I went back to the turn off to the camp sight and it was 2k down hill in dirt to it. Was gunna be hell in the morning getting back up.
I found Orin and Saskia in the best spot. It was 4.30pm 115ks and fucked so there was one thin to do. SWIM.After a feast of what i had i was feeling great about what i did. We talked into the night and laid out side looking at the stars for agers. At about 3am a huge wind blew in, with ear plugs in and a tent dam near blowen on top of me i slept like a baby.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb