If you like a place, dont leave


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands
March 30th 2011
Published: May 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Karo Farm Hostel is a place you go and just dont want to leave. When i got there before i even put me bike down the chat was on. Steparno is an itilian and his wife is kiwi they are the nicest friendy people ive meet so far this trip. They made me feel right at home. Stefarno is a mad keen football (soccer) there flags and trophys posters, i reaken he has ever ps3 and xbox football game. He has even gone to the extent of makeing his own half size football pitch. He just had to push in to the farm nexted door for that. Hes got spotlights for night games and his nexted project if for a grand stand.
Every night and i mean ever night they played a game of football 2 a side 5 a side dosnt matter if your there you play thats they ownly rule there. I got given my own double bed room for dorm rates. The place was just great. I ended up staying there for 3 days hopeing to heal my sore bones but that didnt work after playing football every night i think i left sorer then when i got there. On day 3 they gave me a rough map to some rock pools out in the bus a few hour walk so me and a few of the others were on our way. I wasnt a hard trip but some realy great views when we got to the highest point of the area. After an hours walk through the thick bush we got there. The rock polls were somthing else out of thick scrab and into a big open area with sun beaming down on us and no one else around. But mind you the water was fucken cold be we all still went for a swim there were about 7 diffrent pools to pic from. Unless you stayed at this hostel you would never find this place.
Did i mention the 3 full grown pigs that run the place they come inside eat anything and no way of getting them out of your way you have to go around. They would way a good 50-60kg each.
Me last night there we set up the flood lights and had a good game of nightfootball and what a blast we had 5 a side and had a blast. but of cause there was 1 german and afrench couple who were weak as piss and didnt want to play so we made a point of kicking the ball at them, not on purpuse.....




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb