Arrived Safe & Sound


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
October 26th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

Arrived safe & sound, LONG flights but we made it through them all and good aul Emer C was there to meet us at our final destination. Its about 11 o'clock on Thurs night here so we're around 12 hours ahead of you (no that doesn't mean I can predict your future!).

My first experiences of New Zealand weren't exactly the best...1st they thought they lost our luggage (thankfully they found it) and then I almost got arrested for failing to declare the Irish soil on the bottom of my hiking boots...this comes with a 200dollar fine!! After patiently explaining that I was ok with them sterilising the boots but not ok with paying a fine, not so patiently explaining that I ticked the wrong box by accident after 48hours of traveling and 2 hours sleep, shouting at the poor guy that he must do wonders for NZ tourism and then almost crying he eventually caved and let me off with a warning. The guy beside me wasn't so lucky and had to pay the 200dollars for failing to declare his apple (that he got free on the plane!). Thankfully things got a better the further away from the airport we got.

Haven't seen much of the place yet, came in and went straight to bed for a few hours kip and by the time we went for dinner it was dark. Heading out for a bit shortly and think we're doing a tour of the city tomar. Bought some tents off some Irish girls who are staying in our hostel so the plan is to rent a people carrier and head off with our camping gear at the weekend to tour the islands. Better go coz Frans getting impatient....will check in again soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb