Last night in Fiji and Arrival in Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
September 18th 2006
Published: September 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

15th/16th Sept -We had a wicked time on the last day and night in Fiji. We left the 5 star and went to Nadi and stayed in a great hostel/beach Villa. We sat by the pool and sunbathed for a few hours and then we got chatting to 4 people from Ireland who were also on a round the world trip. They are also our age and were the funniest people we have ever met. We had a scream! We all ended up drinking all day and then had dinner together. The food in the hostel was immense and we even thought it was better than the 5 star! Who needs five star! Steve fancied a curry and Amanda had the biggest king prawns in Chilli, they were presented and arranged nicely with flowers as a garnish. We commented in the comments book of course, and compliments to the chef. The night only cost us $12 and we had an ensuite Villa with pool and great facilities. After dinner of course steve fell asleep and we then all got ready to hit the town. We had the best night so far and went to a club/pub called Ed's which had many locals but also many travellers. We all piled in the smallest cab which was so funny! We all exchanged numbers and emails and we are meeting them all in Sydney, they are planning on staying a year and will have a house there where we can camp out. We truly are enjoying ourselves!

17th Sept - We made our way to New Zealand. As we were about to take off we were told that there was a fault and we had to wait what felt like hours. Amanda obvisoly panicked and then didnt want to fly. Glad to tell you we arrived safely. We were nervous as we had nothing planned of where to stay and how long to stay in each place. We met two ladies in Fiji who told us to go to a place called I SITE at New Zealand Airport, where they would arrange and book our whole trip from hotels, buses, flights and ferrys. By the time we left them we had the whole of our North Island trip sorted. We didnt sort the South Island as we are not sure how lon we will be staying with Steve Dunworth in Hawkes Bay. so what we have is, two nights in Auckland, two nights in Rotarua where the hot springs are, and one day in Taupo, where Steve will plumet to the ground from a plane! Maybe if Amanda gets brave she will go too!!!!!!! but its doubtful! We will then go to Hawkes Bay and then get a ferry to the South Island, do the south Island and then get a flight back to Auckalnd from Christchurch..at a bargain price of 40 pounds. Just going back to I SITE, this service was exceptional, something that we cant imagine being in England, and they are situated over all of New Zealand.

18th Sept - Today we got a $10 bus pass around New Zealand and have visted Auckland Zoo, this was something else! We have great pics which you will have to wait and see when we upload them. We saw a Kiwi, lions, tigers, giraffes, zebras, hippos plus many more. Amanda came face to face with a tiger and she took a stuning photo as he was roaring, even a zoo kepper that saw it said it was a wonderful photo. Amanda has decided to take a career path in photography now!!. We are now going back to the hotel and have booked dinner at Sky City revolving restaurant which we saw on the tv and decided we had to do! And we will be getting all dressed up for the occasion.

Hope you enjoyed this quick update, and hopfully this week we will have more pics to show you.The 21st is when we will next update the site.

Louise - Thanks for your message, keep searching for a job, something will come up soon, lots love to the girls!

Pete - Well done you have won your first game! You need to win a few more to catch us up.

Mitch - Can you confirm the score as it is saying 1 - 0 to Chelsea over here, whats it your end??

Dad - We will try and get an email to Maraget B as we will be coming back to Auckland to fly to Oz.

Advertisement



18th September 2006

wrong score
It actually said 1-0 to Liverpool over here. Drogba own goal!!! It also said that is a cheeky little barstard!!!!!
20th September 2006

Hey Glad you made it safely to New Zealand. Thanks for the text. Having a great hol thanks. Really dont want to go home. James is black as you can imagine and have goven up trying to match his tan, as have come up in the biggest heat rash trying to compete!!! Will neve be darker than him even if i sit out in the sun from dawn till dusk!!! Quick question?? Are you guys writin these comments is someone else wriitng it for you?? Anyway, going to sleep now as the we went to the waterpark today and am knackered! Miss you both. Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb