Day 76: Arriving in Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 23rd 2013
Published: March 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Goodbye to wet wet Fiji and hello to sunny Auckland! Just a three hour flight this time and a quick transfer from the airport to the city. We fully engaged backpacker mode and headed straight to the supermarket for dinner. After our sausages and mash we walked up to Albert Park for the lantern festival. The park was heaving with people all there for the amazing lantern designs and the Asian food stalls. Our favourite lantern design was the zoo - the giraffes head even moved!

Baileys bit: It was a little unfortunate about the weather we had in Fiji, the rain seemed to stop during the night but as soon as we woke it started again. After the stories we heard about swimming with the dolphins in NZ we invested in a replacement waterproof camera in duty free at the airport. Upon our arrival in Auckland we were greeted by Hobbit related advertising, friendly smiles and sunshine. I'm looking forward to the last leg of our trip!

Daily mileage: 5 was able to get out and run to a place called the Auckland Domain, an 80 hectare park which houses the museum and various playing fields. Did a few loops and headed back. It was good to get out again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb