Lazy Day


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 20th 2013
Published: February 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Eyes too big for my stomach last night, found a tiny food hall near my accomodation, all panasian. Looked good but very street market like. There appeared to be the correct food standards certs, so I feasted. Salt and pepper chicken, chicken in black bean, chicken laska, and spring rolls, oh and rice. Fit to bloat after! Eaten all in my apartment..........just as well.........fit for nothing after.

Next morning cycled straight down to Quay Street and West to the Viaduct Basin all adjacent to the harbour. At the extreme end the docks are in the process of regeneration. Old silos have been emptied and now exhibit art, sculptures are dotted around the quay side, there's a funky kids playground and a basketball court that local dockers and warehouse workers were shooting hoops at lunch. En route to this end of the docks you pass yuppie/yachtie bars and eateries. Further along some of the corrugated warehouses have been converted into food places. There are places dotted about here where city workers, tourists ect can get a bite to eat then chill on bean bags outide, just dotted about randomly. The fish market is fantastic here, not only shops that the public can use but restaurants and fish preparing/cooking classes. I soon saw where the dockers and Asians were eating and knew that was the place for me, fantastic!

Then cycled way out west from the dockyard along the coast. Fantastic flat ride along the seafront on a cycle path for several K eventually passing many beautiful beaches until finally reaching St Heliers Bay. Nothing like St Heliers Sutton!!!!.

Night in with bread, tiger prawns, dips, cheese, salad and wine. Prep for the ride back tomorrow.

Long and hilly ride back, glad to get off that bike. Was good but the saddle..........well I'll leave that to your imagination!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb