New Zealand / Australia Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 9th 2012
Published: February 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

NZ-Aust.


2/8/2012

Today we explored the Auckland area with Robyn and Hugh.<span> We made an afternoon trip to the Waitakeri<span> Mtns. located on the west side of the city.<span> The State Park had some great vantage points <span> overlooking the city, the Manukau Bay, and the Hauraki Gulf.<span> The Bush is subtropical and quite lush.



2/9/2012

Today we took a day trip to Tiritiri Matangi, an open sanctuary in the Hauraki Gulf. We took a ferry (from Auckland city center) to the island.

It was established in 1984 to ensure the survival of native plant and bird life. <span> It was replanted with thousands of trees, rodents were eradicated, and bird life was slowly reintroduced. It was a beautiful summer day with a nice breeze.<span> The visibility on the Gulf was exceptional and the water was smooth.

Our evening was very pleasant.<span> Alastair and his wife, Claire, joined us for dinner.<span> It so pleasant<span> that we ate outside at the picnic table.

<span><span><span>Will try to post photos tomorrow. Have posted 1 so far.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb