New Zealand - Land of the Long White Cloud - Aotearoa


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 18th 2009
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mount EdenMount EdenMount Eden

View into Auckland
We are finally off to Aotearoa - Singapore airlines to Auckland pretty unremarkable and long !!

Biosecurity alive and well in NZ, G said I had to declare my bamboo knitting needles - I don't think so !!

Exhausted when we arrived, did too much in Singapore and then a long flight and another 5 hour time difference. Quick stop at Mount Eden overlooking Auckland, sound of Circada's were deafening!!! Off to the Heritage Hotel. Very nice - kitchenette in room and comfy sofas.

This was our first evening eating with our tour group and we had a fab table of 8, who we pretty much stuck with throughout the rest of the tour.

Green lipped mussels were to die for and they were HUGE !!

Made a new friend in the hotel giftshop - a fellow knitter from Japan (must remember to email her !!)

View from our room overlooking Auckland Harbour, but it looks like the weather was closing in.

Following day was teaming down, couldn't even see the tower in front of us. Oh well just as well we were tired and decided to have a 'low key' day just veggin' and catching up with washing (already!!).

G's glasses 'twanged' the night before, so in search of optician - stopped at Lush en route and got a NZ Lush Times some Pied de Pepper and a Blue Skies BBS.

Nice lazy day and a nice soak in the bath. Off to fab Steak Restaurant in Auckland and had the most melt in your mouth steak ever !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.029s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb