Auckland fun


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
January 19th 2006
Published: January 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Auckland 028Auckland 028Auckland 028

Narrowneck Beach
Yesterday Shaheen and I went on a free Kiwi Experience tour of Auckland. The weather was beautiful and it was really nice to get out of downtown Auckland for a few hours. We visited a beach on the North Shore and then went up North Head and got great views of the city. On North Head there were a bunch of tunnels that the military dug all throughout the hill, so we walked through them and then hiked down the mountain on a narrow little trail right along the water. Afterwards, we headed up Mount Victoria for even more great views of the city. We ate lunch in Devonport (fish and chips of course) and ate in a park right on the water. Shaheen and I then walked around town a bit and found a chocolate shops with free samples of handmade chocolate. All in all, it was a great day. And I took tons of pictures.

Today the weather is not so nice. It's been raining off and on all day, but fortunately it didn't really start up until after 10am when we had already dropped off our extra luggage at IEP for storage. So we're now all booked
Auckland 027Auckland 027Auckland 027

bunkers on North Head Mt.
ahead for our bus/hostel/ferry needs on the way to Nelson. Our itinerary is really pretty involved so it took a while to plan and book everything. Basically, we'll be taking an 11 hour bus ride to Wellington tomorrow morning and then staying in Wellington for 2 nights. Then we'll take the ferry from Wellington to the South Island on Sunday and stay in Picton for a night. Then we'll take another bus from Picton to Nelson and we're booked into a hostel in Nelson for a week. That should give us enough time to find work and more permanent housing. At least I hope it will...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Auckland 050Auckland 050
Auckland 050

Me on Mt. Victoria
Auckland 040Auckland 040
Auckland 040

Sha at North Head


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb