New Zealand - Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
November 23rd 2008
Published: November 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Heres to final chapter of our four wonderful weeks in New Zealand. I have to whisper this in case Nancy is listening but l am sure she stated (perhaps under the influence of alcohol) that she would, after seeing the country, that if she had to she would consider the possibility of travelling back to this beautiful country.

I am not sure that she would say this in the cold light of sober.

So what interesting and humorous thing happened in Auckland. Well not a lot apart from the necessary packing for the next leg in Fiji.

Nancy did remind me of a interesting conversation during a wander to the local shopping centre. l begin by asking anybody with a senstive nature to look away now.

Now that l have everybody's attention l will begin.

We were walking through this shopping centre when Nancy stopped me and asked if l fancied a snog right here in the middle of a lane. I of course replied, 'certainly not', l have to go to The Bog, urgently.

Before anybody gets the wrong idea l will explain.

It was dinnertime and we were getting both hungry and thirsty. Actually The Bog is a local Irish Pub and restaurant. We had a couple of really nice pints. Just the thing before we start the packing.

This time is was actually a pint, not a 'handle', a 'schooner', a 'tinnie' of any of the many other measures of beer we have come across.

Anywhere thats enough for New Zealand - very unfortunately. It has been an absolutely brilliant four weeks.

We must now begin the slow travel home - via Fiji












Advertisement



23rd November 2008

New Zealand
I am glad you liked NZ. Not many people round here like to here those words New zealand All Blacks. Thanks for the great blog I have enjoed the read the humour and found out things I never knew not only about the travels but the travellers. I would be interested in your views on the wider issues cultural social etc.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb