New Zealand - Orere Point


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
November 20th 2008
Published: November 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi there

Thanks for feedback on Carlisle Paula

This stay east of Auckland was just a one night stand because as we have said we decided to go up to the Bay of Islands for a bit of extra time. Can we say at this point, and l have Nancy's permission to say so, that we could quite easily spend another 4 weeks in NZ and stll not do the place justice.

Anyway this park was quite small and largely filled with static caravans that holidaymakers from Auckland would use in the summer. Nancy make the comment that of the people that were currently using the vans looked a little shifty. There isn't a lot to say about this park other than on the morning of departure it starting raining. It has to be said that this was actually the first rain we had had on North Island which isn't bad going for New Zealand.

The drive to our next stay in Russell, Bay of Islands, we knew was going to be a long drive through and past Auckland. We found the three land motorway driving through Ackland quite strange, probably because we had not been used to driving with so many cars about. Anyway Nancy did very well and got us through safely and we made the rest of the 350kms drive without major problem.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb