sydney/auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello

we are departing tomorrow (sat morn) v. early on our tour of the north island and i'm not sure how much internet/phone signal we'll get while we're away so will tell you all about our new favourite city - sydney!!

The rugby was phenomenal, the haka was a total highlight - also australia winning and being part of the home crowd - amazing. The way they did it at the ANZ stadium, there were loads of free bands, cheap food, seriously so much fun. On sunday we went to bondi beach and to the bondi markets, it was a gorgeous day - not hot, but loads of people surfing and coffee-ing.... I LOVE BONDI, it is like fistral in cornwall but on heat. It was totally gorgeous. We then came back into central sydney and went to darling harbour where the heavens opened to a huge thunderstorm... not great heading back to the ice block hostel when u are wet through! Sunday night we went out to the most amazing bar called hugo's - it was very cheap but packed and everyone was a legend and/or famous, just what you want!

On monday we headed down to chinatown and paddy's markets only to find them closed!! but the heavens opened again so we ended up having a coffee and sheltering! In the eve we did however find the best italian restaurant possibly in the world where we shared a pizza, some wine and just loved it.. its called MAD and it changed our lives.

Tuesday we got up early and did the bridge climb - one of the best things i've ever done. It was a clear enough day and its so amazing, you walk out about 50m up on this thin beam -'the catwalk' for a while, then climb to the summit which is about 190m and the views of sydney were unbelievable. AT the top there was a huge rainbow so our free pictures (and free hat oh yeah) have a rainbow in the background!! It was totally safe, harnessed in and in very fetching cat suits - i am so so glad we did that, it was totally worth every penny.

We went out to MAD again that evening and then onto WORLD bar to commiserate our last night in sydney, so sad to be leaving!!

Anyway running out of credit but safe to say we're in auckland and have had the best free day tour of it, watching people bungy... amongst other things - we do have a random old woman in our hostel who wants to be our mate but we are having none of it....

will blog more informatively soon,
Loads of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



1st August 2008

its such a hard life
hi you two,so you are sad,to leave oz,and now you have to put up with,nz,and la,i feel so sorry for you,he he keep well love now and always,from a sunny wales.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb