Australia Zoo/Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Fortitude Valley
July 26th 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yo yo yo

I am giving u a wee blog just before we head off to the rugby - wooooooooooo hooooooooooo for the rugby!!!

So we have come to the conclusion that there is no more sun for us now till the US of A -boo.. and we are also extremely sad to be leaving Oz in a few days.. but less of that and more about our shennanigans.

We went to Australia Zoo early on the free bus and got there for its opening. It was a bit rainy but soon cleared. Headed up first to the elephants and the tigers. Then we went on the 'koala walk' and got to pat a koala's arse, very soft indeed. Went then into the red kangaroos park where you can stroke, play, lay with them, they are sooo tame. At 11 there was a show in the 'crocoseum' involving crocs (it is steve irwin's zoo after all) birds, snakes and a guy who was so scared of snakes he fell over when they tried to put one round his neck! In the afternoon we also saw wallabies,emus, wombats, echidnas, dingos, tasmanian devils... so many animals. Loved the zoo, loved loved loved it but unfortunately we did it rather quickly and because we were not 'children' we couldn't go on the free rides/bouncy castle which was quite annoying. In the eve we had KFC but didn't go out in Noosa because although it is an amazingly beautiful place with a really nice strip of bars and restaurants, it matches London prices and some. It is the most expensive place for real estate in the whole of Australia!!!

Next morn we had the bus down to Brisbane and while we were waiting for it we saw Bill and Dan etc from Magnetic Island. They were also going to Brissy so we arranged to meet them later. Arrived in Brissy and tried to book a new hostel cuz the one we were going with originally was apparently so bad they wouldn't book people in there anymore! Ended up staying at 'bunk' which was the best hostel yet - so clean that even as you were eating cleaners were cleaning around you... love that stuff. So we checked in and headed out into the city (as our hostel was in Fortitude Valley which is more the going out area.) We went to see the new batman film that eve with Bill/Dan and it was brilliant. Although afterwards I had a massive headache so had to be boring and go to bed.

NExt day we walked all round Brissy - down to the Southbank, all along there, through the botanical gardens, in the library, you name it, we saw it- although compared to london it is tiny and easy to navigate. That eve we were all ready to go out until I spazzed out and poured red wine all over myself and it was so bad I had to go home!! Bad form.

But fear not, on our final day in Brisbane we went out big style. It rained ALL day non-stop horrible wet rain. There was a free bbq (sausage) in our bar so we had this and started drinking. The bar was really nice but quite expensive. ANyway we were wth Bill and two girls - Lauren and Emma and having a great time. After a few hours Emma had been to the loo and spotted the scousers from Airlie Beach, oh we were all joyous to see each other and basically got steaming. AFter being locked in the loo for about an hour Emma was refused entry so we decided to go somewhere else. Emma went upstairs to get her passport, after about 10 mins i went up to find her undressed, in bed, passed out. IT was midnight. Good girl. WEll i still went out with everyone else but this was not a wise move. I stayed out till 5am and we had to be up at 6.30 for our flight. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that was hard. We were both so rough (emma worse as i had made her be sick the night before to try and help her but this hadn't worked) that we got a taxi to the airport, shuffled our way through check in and onto the plane. I passed out on the plane and didn't wake up till we landed. We then were told our hostel did free airport pick up - we waited 3 HOURS for this and finally got another bus in....anyway this whole time Emma had got worse and worse and ended up being violently sick all day yesterday which was so rubbish for her. I went out and explored the city a bit and bought her some soup and bread hoping to cure her.... I also bought some v. cheap UGG boots to keep me warm - it was 11 degrees in Sydney yesterday and I wanted to kill myself i was so cold!

Anyway when I got back to the hostel yest eve Em's was no better so i gave her the bread which she ate and then puked up so violently seeds came out of her nose. Fun times. I clearly had some weird adrenaline because I went out last night for dinner with the Italians from Airlie Beach (who all live and work in sydney) while Emma rested. I was knackered by 10ish though and came home to bed. This morn thankfully she is better and I am still fine, although slightly sore throat but of course self-induced. Anyway today we have been down to the rocks in Sydney which is just by the harbour/opera house - and to the markets and walked all around the city - beautiful and luckily the sun has been shining in spite of the frost bite. Also, our hostel room has no windows which is great, but it is cheap and central and has free internet. all a big bonus.

So rugby soon...... we are getting there when the gates open in joy.

Hope all is well ur end,
Love you loads
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb