New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
April 16th 2007
Published: April 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

had a lovely time in New Zealand with my sister Alison and her hubby Brett.
On my first day we checked out one of the northern (??) beaches which was totally picturesque, and spent the early afternoon walking around Mission Bay. The first thing that hits you when you get to NZ is how green it is. Everything is green, and fresh, and wet! Certainly no shortage of rain!!

I was taken out to dinner 200 metres off the ground in the Auckland sky tower THANKS HEAPS Alison & Brett. The observation deck has these clear patches of floor where you can see straight down to the street below - not for the faint hearted!! Also, there is some kind of twilight zone thing happening up there - you feel like you’ve walked around half the building, and suddenly you’re back where you started - we walked around about 3 times trying to get it right, but I’m still baffled (we think we might have been being punished for pretending to shoot down the buses below from the digital binoculars!! Well the joystick looks like a missile launcher, and it was so easy to hone in on the buses!!)

Unfortunately I picked up a pretty nasty head cold while in NZ, so instead of bungy jumping on the Tuesday (which I was SOOO looking forward to) I ended up staying in bed for the morning…. BOOOO

But it was well worth the stop over…



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb