Bay of islands


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 20th 2007
Published: March 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so weve just spent a day up in the Bay of Islands, a group of 144 islands about 2 hours north of aukland. a whole month in mexico and now i manage to get sunburnt!!!, only a little though. we went on a 1600 horsepower 40 mile an hour jet boat, and through the whole in the rock which is just a cave on one of the furthest out islands, unfortunately the bay was so unbelievably calm that it wasnt much fun, as we were just going realy fast, on the other side of the hole it got slightly rougher but we were only there for a minute. had a BBQ for dinner and i managed to blagg an extra steak which i sandwiched for breakfast. today we got a kyak tour arround the bay. the guide said that we could pick some mussels but the tide was to high then, he said we could come back later and get them. we got some bikes and did a mega bike ride to Haruru falls bout 12Km round trip but lots of up and down, so tiring. we went back for our mussels but apparently the manager had come back so they couldnt let us have the kyak for a second time. so its Value own brand baked beans for us tonight. woo hoo!!!
Laters
More Photos to come, ive just run out of time


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb