Puerto Escondido! - Aukland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Cabana bathroomThe Cabana bathroomThe Cabana bathroom

hows that for ensuite
hey there guys, i have a little time now so i spose i had better update this thing... Puerto escondido was sooo good. if anyone ever goes to mexico they have to spend at least a few days there even if you dont suurf its just so relaxed and everyone is so friendly. especialy the group of Norwegians that are studying there for 3 months!.... theres 34 of them and only 4 guys! you can imagine how long we spent on the beach, and partying every night... they are party animals! i would post some photos but the memory stick reader dosent seem to work on this computer, maybe later on...
we had some isle of whiters stay next door to us who were pretty cool, one cuts Kate Moss' hair, and did Keith Flints (of the Prodigy) in the Firestarter Video, and another plays beach football for england, says he can get us some VIP tickets when they do a tournament in brighton. they moved down to another place a few days ago to a place nearer the surf and with a pool . I managed to open my chin up on the bottom of it.

I actualy managed to walk to the end of the beach early in the morning on the day we left, its a 1/2 hour walk but i went with one of the Germans, an Irish girl and an Estonian girl who has been in mexico City for 7 months helping get children off the streets and helping drug addicts. kinda cool realy.

At the moment jack and i are still recovering from nearly 48 hours of solid sleepless traveling. Firstly in a scabby mexican bus for 13 hours. it was cramped and realy uncomfortable. and it took the mountain roads, fast... little did we know that the windows werent going to stay shut and when you are traveling through the mountains all night it gets very very cold... and it was so bumpy that it was impossible to get sleep. then we got completely taken for a ride by a taxi... the bus stopped near the airport at its own terminal not the normal bus terminal. as we got off the bus we asked a driver how much to the airport, he said 150 pesos (bout 7.50 pounds)we bartered him down to 100 pesos and 2 minutes later we were at the airport. it should've cost no more than 30 pesos. BOLLOCKS!!!

We were realy early for our flight so we bummed around the airport, when i discovered my shampoo had exploded in my bag, it must have been going over the mountains. SHIT!!! i washed the stuff and put it all in a plastic bag in my pack. our flight took about 4 hours and then we had to go through customs in LAX... they are paid to be unhelful and rude... we were told on the plane we didnt need forms because we were only in transit. but we did have to. then there was a huge confusion, filling in the wrong form or combination of forms in the wrong way. it took us about 20 minutes to get through and we were pushing it for time anyway. we were running to get to our gate, luckily we ran passed the reclaim, with our bags on it. turns out you have to put them back in!!! the flight got delyed for 2 hours so we made it but in a bit of a panic. the 11 hour flight was good but there were so many films to choose from i only got about 3 hours sleep. i got called to the baggage info desk at the airport and it turns out my bag didnt get on the plane and was still in LAX. im still waiting for it now (which is why i have time to write). ive been wearing the same clothes since 4.30 on the 14th! grimmage!!! good thing is that we saw rain for the first time in a month.... it was only drizzle but still rain is rain, it reminded us of home. St. Paddys day is HUGE over here, were staying in a 10 story massive hostel in the centre of aukland and there was a Massive parade which was quite cool, lots of green everywhere, (except me cos i have no clothes)

Well thats enough for the moment, i cant cope with much more computer time


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb