Goodbye to the land of the white cloud...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Parnell
June 7th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SkyTowerSkyTowerSkyTower

The Tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere!
So hear we are at our last stop on the land of the white cloud, and i'm really sad to be going i absolutly love it hear in new zealand. It's all just so laid back and beautiful. Even the cities seem to move at a slower pace than the rest of the world. Well what did we get up to in the largest city in New zealand, well to be quite honest not a alot, once we had given back our hire car "the beast" we were a bit limited to where we could go in the city, it did however get us to both get some much needed exercise after the last 6 weeks sitting on our bums driving everwhere.

To sum up our adventures in Auckland we stayed in a stinky room, it rained, we went up the Skytower (tallest building in the southern hemisphere). Went to the cinema and watched Zodiac. Spents lots of our time in Boarders reading magazines, our not to be missed habbit drinking coffee's! Auckland was a nice city and had we had more money we would of seen more.

Overall NewZealand has been an amazing time in our travelling lives,
View from Skytower.View from Skytower.View from Skytower.

Auckland bridge.

View from Skytower.
Auckland bridge.we have seen so much beauty that none of the photographs you have seen can ever do justice for what our eyes have seen.

And I "lived to tell the tale" no thanks to El's "super" driving!

Anyway i'll end this with the wierdest thing to happen to us on this trip and it's the fact that we are going to travel back in time on our way to LA, and with out the help of a flux capacitor. Our flight takes off at around 8.30 PM on the 7th but we land in LA at 10.30 AM also on the 7th of june. means that when i get home my body will actually be a day older than my official date of birth.

Dave.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Ponsonby by night.Ponsonby by night.
Ponsonby by night.

The area we stayed in Auckland for our last week.


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb