The last leg


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » North Shore
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Flight to WellingtonFlight to WellingtonFlight to Wellington

Looking down over the Cook Strait
As 'Aussie' dropped us off at our hotel it suddenly dawned on me that we'd completed our last trip. It had been over 3 weeks since we'd left England but time seems to have flown by. We decided to just have a snack in Blenheim with a couple of jars of Speights. One night cap g&t back at the hotel and then early to bed.
Friday morning dawned and we had the morning to ourselves before being taken to the airport for the shuttle flight to Wellington.
Shopping was the order of the day and I picked up a couple of nice things to take home.
We arrived on time and took off in a Sounds Air Cessna for the 30 minute flight to Wellington across the bay. We only climbed to 2,500 feet so had a marvelous view all the way.
The Jetstar took off on time and we landed in Auckland at 16:45. An Express into Auckland saw us at the Horse & Trap by 6:00 pm to meet some friends of George's for s quick couple of beers before making our way to the stadium.
The match was excellent despite it being the 3rd place play off. Wales
Wellington Coast LineWellington Coast LineWellington Coast Line

Flying with Sounds Air
should have won (again) but their kicking was once more their downfall.
On our return to Glenfield a late night pizza and a glass of wine meant another late night but Saturday was a 'day off' so it wasn't a problem. Tomorrow is packing day as we prepare to leave.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Welsh teamWelsh team
Welsh team

Warming up at Eden Park


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb