Day 7


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Happy St George's Day from the South Pacific, trust this was celebrated in the usual style - don't tell us you forgot. Day 7 find us sailing into the lagoon that surrounds Bora Bora. We're expecting big hopes for this island as yesterday's port of call Raiatea was a big let down. We know it was a Sunday but the main port had two cruise ships in, with say a 1,000 passengers between us, so what do they do - yes, you guessed it they kept the shops closed and there wer no taxis for love nor money. We ended walking in the direction of the beach in sweltering heat for about a mile or so (on directions from the ship and a fellow passenger that we met coming back) to find a concrete platform that the locals used. On the way back we passed a stretch of sand that must have been 3ft wide and about 50ft long to find some of the crew using this. So we wasted a lot of time missing something that was 10 minutes from the ship.

Must go now has we will be arriving shortly. Unfortunatekly you will have to do without the photos as we can't even email these.

Advertisement



24th April 2007

day 7
Chin up your suite sounds the dogs Bs, maybe you should stay chez meyer in total resplendancy and not get off at all and stay in your lounge lizard suit. You must remember brighton is not as crap as people make out and you can at least get some chips for the beach. Salut maintenant Johnno City drew with watford 1 all

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb