Tahit and Moorea


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Moorea
October 29th 2008
Published: October 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent 3 great days on the island of Moorea, a half hour ferry ride away from Tahiti. We had such a good time, with so many highlights. We did three tours, one each day. The first was a shark/ray watching tour. We took a boat out into the lagoon and jumped into the water (with masks and snorkels) and watched the sharks and other lagoon fish being fed. A bit scary, but amazing to see the sharks up so close. The second stop had us swimming among manta rays; we were assured they were safe, nothing like the one that killed Steve Irwin. Finally we stopped at a little island for lunch and an afternoon swimming in the warm tropical water before being delivered back to our hotel's pier.

On day 2 we went dolphin and whale watching. Only we didn't see any whales, just a bunch of Spinner Dolphins, so named because they launch themselves out of the water and spin in the air. Incredible to watch.

And on day 3 we went on a 4-wheel-drive tour, high in the mountains looking down over the island. Scary stuff (well, to me, Nancy wasn't bothered) but incredibly views.

And of course there was plenty of time for swimming in the lagoon just outside the door of our beach bungalow and eating some lovely Tahitian food.


Advertisement



31st October 2008

Food
What was the Tahitian food like. Fish? Chicken? Pork?
31st October 2008

Tahitian Food
Mainly fish, but we had some pork too.

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb