Off to an early start


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti » Papeete
October 26th 2008
Published: October 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were hoping our taxi would arrive a little early, but weren't quite expecting it to arrive 5 hours early at 4am. We politely asked if he would mind coming back a little later. Maybe about 9am, the time we had asked for. Clearly unimpressed at us putting him out, he came back at 9.30.

Everything else went smoothly, apart from the woman at the airport who refused to check us in because we didn't have any documentation. We suggested that the whole point of having e-tickets meant we didn't have to have any documentation and she finally relented.

After that, though, everything went smoothly. We quite enjoyed flying on Air Tahiti Nui; the staff were very friendly, the meals were good and the plane was only 2/3 full.

We were greeted at the airport by a three-piece ukelele band, fierce tropical heat and humidity (at 1.30am!) and a slow moving line of people waiting to have their cases X-rayed. On the way out of the airport! What was that all about?

We finally made it outside, received the obligatory leis and were taken to our hotel, where we were able to shower and were in bed by 3am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb