Foughts on Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
December 30th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We enjoyed and will never forget Fiji. The locals were so friendly and this appeared to rub of on our fellow travellers who were by far the friendliest we have met and we found many who we now call friends.

On the Yasawa Islands there were beautiful beaches, super snorkling and fab food. However we were there too long. All the resorts include compulsary food packages (anyway there are no shops), so we paid the same as people (like our sort of friend David) who eat double what we do.! Also we were obliged to pay the resort's prices for drinks.

We stayed on 3 Yasawa Islands, the cheapest cost 70 pounds per night and the much hyped Octopus Resort a resounding 162 pounds per night! When you multiply that by the 25 days we were there and add drinks and travel we reach well over 3,000 pounds which was double our budget.

It was good to get back to Vita Levu (the main island) and we could eat what, where and when we wanted. Viti Levu was also cheaper however it is a nice place to see the sights and maybe more like a real Fiji but not a place for a traditional beach holiday as the beaches are poor and few..

Would we recommend Fiji for a holida? Definately if you can afford it.

Would we go again? No! There are places just as nice, nearer and cheaper.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.4kb