fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
May 23rd 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

25/05/08 Days 1-31
FIJI.................sun, beach's and rum and cava ( the traditional fijian drink made from roots of a plant) not much more to say really. Ive been here over a week now, 4 of those days were spent on a little island called Robison Cruiso's, where we did a lot snorkling, vollyball etc. The rest of the time has been spent on the main land, which isnt quite white sandy beaches but you get to see a lot of the culture as apose to holiday reorts.
The weather has been exellent and the people are unberliverble.
Im buying a 7 day bula pass which allows me to travel unlimited throught out the Yasawa's islands....which i will start in a couple of days when rob goes back to NZ.
A rainy day here in fiji so what better time to sort my trip out.....it may not sound it but when there's that many island, that many boats and so many people telling where to go.........it's actully quite confusing, but i got it sorted!
Im going to 3 islands for a week with the boat pass then spending 2 weeks on mana island as its the cheapest and herd a lot about it, also i can get a deal there for staying longer.
All the island are all meals included so it starts to add up when they want about $80 a night and the more you travel on boats that hacks the price up.
So my first island is going to be South Sea island for 2 nights-you can walk around in 6 minutets it's that small. It actually only took 3.
Next to Bounty Island for 2 nights-this is where the celebrity love island was filmed!
Then too Beachcomber Island, also for 2 nights...........another small island with just one room for accomadation.... a 100 hundred bed dorm (the biggest in the world?)
Then to mana for 2 weeks, i dont have a boat back, but will sort it over there.
So back to basic, well almost.....cant wait! ill let you all no how iv'e gone on.
Right everybody im back to civerlisation, ive enjoyed my 3 weeks on the islands, just got a little bored towards the end i supose but it was good.
Fiji is everything you think of, and the weather has been really nice nearly the whole time just a couple of rainy days.
I have 2 incidents to comment on whils away on the islands.
The first was....me and a few girls from leeds and a couple of locals came back to the main land for a rugby test match between Fiji and the New Zealand Maori, it was a great day and involved a lot of drinkin.
We all got flags and just chanted fiji all day. After the game we managed to get in to the players after match party at a 5* hotel and basically stayed there all night drinkin with the players for free asweel so all was good. I sleapt in the corridor and when i woke up i didnt no where everyelse had sleapt so i just made my way to the boat and waited at the harbour before getting the boat back to Mana! A great couple of days.
The other Incident was...to cut a long story short i got a absess in my leg and had to come back to the main land to go to hospital because the pain got that bad, i then had to go to Latoka as they wouldnt treat me in Nadi.
I had to have some injections then they cut my leg to get all the crap out, i have been on antibiotics and have to keep it straped.
Today is the first day with no pain in nearly 2 weeks so thats good.
I was a bit down whilst this happend but if i look back this is the first thing that has happend to me in 10 months so thats not bad.
The small islands i visited are just like more holiday islands with resorts on them, really nice but quite commercial.
Mana island was definatly my favorite and glad i decided to spend most of my time there, it took 2 hours to walk around and also you could go for walks inland and up the hills and things.
There was 2 villages on mana, a school and a church so you really felt like you were in fiji.
My whole time i stayed in a family run hostel which was just a extension of his house, a few days i was the only person there, there were never more than 6 at any one time!
We manly ate rice the entire time with just differnt sauces.
I also met a lad who i met in NZ who was staying in the bigger hostel next door so that was pretty cool!
On my last day i did a scuba dive, it was one of the best dives i've ever done, it was amazing even saw sharks which was pretty cool, i went down to 25 meters which is also the deepest i have dived to date.
Right im back on the main land once again whilst writing this and fly out to cook islands tomorrow for tha last leg of my world tour.
I have a long day tomorrow as i have to fly to Auckland and wiat ther 7 hours before flying to Raratonga but because i cross the international dateline i actully get there earlier than when i set off, so i have two 26 of july's this year.
Fiji is very nice and like i said, i got a bit restless towards the end but dont think my leg helped that...mmmmmm would i come to Fiji again? no i dont think so because we have beach places just a nice and a lot lot closer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb