Love Shack Baby


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
December 4th 2007
Published: December 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Here we are in Fiji, taking the opportunity to have a little R&R after a strenous couple of months in Australia and New Zealand (everything is relative ok!). 3 days in the sun is just what we need before the last stretch in California.

We got to Fiji on Saturday afternoon and transferred to our island, which is about 20 minutes from the mainland. Bounty Island is a small island with space for about 100 people. It is 0.2km2 and takes about 20 minutes to walk round the entire island. It is also the place that ITV chose to film "Celebrity Love Island" a few years back. Now I didn't watch the show, and we were unaware that the island was so famous (!). There are a few photos showing the luminaries of stage and screen that were selected, such as Paul Danan, Jayne Middlemiss, Judy Shekoni and Duane Ladejo. No, I hadn't heard of most of them either.

The island itself is delightful. Beautiful golden sand, coconut trees, palm trees, and fresh fish for dinner every day. Shame we can't stay longer, but I have to relive the 4th December all over again. We fly at about midnight and land at lunchtime in LA, still on 4th December. It means that the day will last 40 hours! If Jack Bauer can defuse bombs, save presidents, foil viruses, kill approx 164 people and not go to the toilet once in 24 hours, imagine what I could do with a day that lasts 40 hours.

My name is Michael Hind and this is the longest day of my life...........

* Some of you may be confused as to why the day lasts 40 hours. It is due to the international dateline. I am not sure how it works, but if you want any more info then I would be delighted to refer any queries to my friend Jacquie who is most learned about the international dateline

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb