Northern Queensland


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Sorry that we are a bit late in putting the last of the Australia pictures on here. We have had a rather manic last couple of weeks but we are now on 'Fiji time' which means we have all the time in the world!

Our last blog is from Fraser island since leaving there we continued on up the east coast of Australia, sailing around the Whitsunday islands and visiting the only place in the world where the reef and rainforest meet, Cape Tribulation. We have to admit that the Whitsunday islands were slightly disappointing, the weather was dreadful, it rained continuously over the 3 days we spent on the boat and we were put in an unfortunate group of people...30 drunk Irish folk! We cannot take anything away from the scenery, that was spectacular but other circumstances meant that we didn't have as good a time as we had hoped for.

Cape Tribulation well and truly made up for the Whitsundays though. We had a fabulous 3 days staying in the middle of the rainforest, it was great escaping Cairns where we were based before and instead being out literally in the middle of nowhere. The accomodation was very basic but the surroundings well and truly made up for it (as you will see from the photos). We did a reef trip from here which was great, we swam with a giant turtle and got to see stingrays and many many tropical fish and coral. On our final day, which just so happened to be 'Australia day' we went horseriding early in the morning, through the rainforest and along the deserted beaches - it was definately one of the highlights of our trip so far!

Love,

Kathy and Phil x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb