Reluctantly leaving the Yasawa group


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
May 5th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the 5th Dom was taken for a guided walk to Eagles point by another of Thema's cousins, Bob (classic Fijian name!). Unfortunately, Bob was quite unfit and they didn't make it to the top! Not even as far as we'd managed on our own! Bex didn't fancy another encounter with the flesh eating spiders! As we came down from the cliffs, we saw all the Fijians from the Yasawa group leaving on packed boats, heading back to their islands. We sent them off with a shout and a wave!

We spent the rest of the day snorkeling around the reef - we feel we could spend all our time doing this!

Sunday 6th was our last day on Waya Island. We were invited to attend the local church service, which felt like quite an honor. Sadly we couldn't understand a word of the service, but the priest looked pretty animated! The singing was incredible and lead by a guy with the voice of a young Michael Jackson! Half way through the service the same guy stood up and thanked us for being there and apologised that it was in Fijian! This was very unexpected but very nice.

We spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon packing and playing with Thema's young son, Andrew. We were very sad to leave, having had such a wonderful time. We couldn't believe how lucky we were to have the whole place to ourselves for 3 days!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



11th May 2007

Bula!
Looks like you found a great place there. I hope it's taking your mind off Leeds being relegated (hahaha). Where you off to next though?
15th May 2007

Glad to see your havin fun mate, bring me back a coconut! Steve
20th May 2007

Leeds.....
Joe. Leeds will bounce back, as soon as they get rid of that idiot Dennis Wise! Next stop Kadavu

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb