Bye Bye Yasawa Islands!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands » Naviti Island
January 7th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We went Mantaray snorkling this morning however without much luck in seeing any! Despite the fact we didn;t see any the first snorkle site was AMAZING. The water was so clear, there were just hundreds of everything! I kept diving under to get closer to the coral so you could see in all the little nooks and cranny's as a lot of the fish hid in there. We got some underwater camera shots which hopefully are good but they aren't developed yet! That spot competes with the great barrier reef I think! The second site we went to was a little murkier but quite good too, still no mantarays...booooo! oh well! maybe next time!

Got back to resort and had a swim in the pool - I know I will probably look like a prune when I get back but I love the water! Im an aquarius what can I say! Finally got dry anyway which was nice, had a cold shower! he he! We then played our last games of shithead together with Irish Mark and Jackie involved as well!

Got some last shots of the resort and our little crew! Little Bali wanted to get involved and had a feather duster but shes so cute!

Despite the rain it has been good fun and an experience to say the least! I think it would have been different had it been sunny but hey ho that's the way it goes!

Got the baot back to Denaru, swapped facebook details - oh we love facebook when travelling its so good! - and headed back to Nomads Sky lodge for a warm shower and to do our washing! Never thought I would be happy to do that but I am running out of clothes!

Oh and we did learn some Fijian words so heres a lesson for you! Bula - Hello, Vinaka - Thank you, Kereke - Please and thats it but we used them!!! So thats always progress!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb