Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
September 30th 2006
Published: October 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had an extremely brief stopover in Fiji...spending a grand total of 24 hours there!!

The flight from LA to Fiji was memorable due to an extremely loud and annoying American guy sitting behind us who took a valium tablet and then proceded to down several beers to wash it down. He was sitting on the window seat but found the need to climb out every half hour or so to go get another beer (or in some cases 3) or go to the toilet, shaking our seats violently in the process and making heaps of noise. Then he just about passed out and was making really loud weird noises while everyone was trying to sleep.

Anyway, we made it to Fiji and was picked up and taken to our Hotel which was right on the beach and only 10min from the airport - perfect for a 1 night stopover. We had a room overlooking the beach through the coconut palms.

Went in to the town of Nadi and did a bit of shopping for some quick Fiji souveneirs. I (Scott) managed to get a ticket to the Fiji Rugby Union grand final which was being played that afternoon between Nadi and Nadroga. For $12 AUD I got entry to the Grandstand where it was every man for themselves to find a bit of wooden bench seat to squeeze into. I ended up sitting with a bunch of really friendly locals some of which were supporting both teams, so I celebrated every try with the appropriate person. The locals certainly know how to enjoy a footy game - the crowd was going crazy every time either side looked like scoring. Anyway Nadroga won 27-17...go the Stallions!!!

Meanwhile Joy had returned to the Hotel and had succomed to another bout of food poisoning and spent the arvo doing what one does when they have food poisoning!!

In the evening the hotel had a traditional Fijjian dance night including fire and sword dances outside by the pool which was very entertaining.

Woke up the next morning bright and early and got on the plane to Brisbane. Was pleasantly surprised to find Lorraine Watson waiting for us which saved a cab ride home...thanks Lorraine! Took another hour or so to track down the keys to our place and finally arrived home safe and sound.

THE END!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb