Finally Posting!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
August 8th 2005
Published: August 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Back in Nadi and finally posting. Yes, ER the tv show is blaring here above my head, but using my hand written notes I've been able to crank out a number of entries. Sorry, no photos yet!

Staying at a nice cheap place, costing us about 30 bucks for an AC room w/ private bath. There's a lot of Euro music playing in the bar, and my pizza had far too much chees and not enough sauce. Other than that, things are ok.

Boat ride today was 5 hours, but not too bad because we were outside in the shade...

... the ER episode is annoying as hell actually. Some woman is having a stroke and it's being told in the 1st person...

... anyway we head out for the surf camp tomorrow. We thought it was too risky to just show up on their doorstep at 8pm (about a 25 dollar taxi ride, or 1 hour from here). So, we'll do that tomorrow during daylight! They're _still_ not answering their phone.

Last night we had a bonfire and Sherry and I sang the nat'l anthem. We both couldn't remember all the words! I went over the words this morning when I woke up for about 30 minutes. I was OCD all over it. Anyway, between the 2 of us we think we got them. Bonfire was nice. I heard the Scotland nat'l anthem again, Ireland (very beautifully sung by Kate), UK (nice try guys, at least they remembered to say 'Queen' and not 'King'), and Fiji (beautifully sung by about 5 guys from the village).

Don't know when I'll get to post again. Hope all is well with everyone.

Advertisement



9th August 2005

Anyone seen Sherry?
I have begun to wonder... where is Sherry? Can she not govern a computer? Are her typing abilities so inept that she cannot transcribe in a timely manner? Better yet, have you done something with her? Please post a picture of Sherry, and please chronicle it so as not to burden her poor family with the fear that Sherry has actually been lost by you during your foray to paradise. Should you show up in 3 months with no Sherry, we will find you a commodious south Georgia lowland (swamp) and fasten a ballast to your contemptible posterior thus plunging you downward to be left for alligator cuisine. Hope to hear from you soon, please post pictures! (or else)
9th August 2005

You lucky, lucky bastard
Cory, Fiji...nice. Sounds like you are having a great trip. Try the Canadian anthem where half of it is in French. Hard to miss ESRI when you are sitting by a beach fire. By the way, CR14177 is fixed...does that make your day? Nice blog...we are enjoying travelling vicariously through you. Take care, Tim

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb