Fiji!!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Coral Coast
April 27th 2010
Published: April 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We flew into Fiji from Christchurch and were hit with a wave of heat - nice, as we were getting pretty cold in New Zealand! It was a lot like you would imagine it to be, palm trees and people in flowery tops singing with guitars etc. We thought there were also some similarities to Asia, however, in that some of it was quite undeveloped (eg the supermarkets had their own cockroach population!) Everyone was really friendly and shouted BULA all the time (even out of cars and across the road at you) which is a greeting. We spent a night in Nadi near the airport in a hostel which was almost like someone's house, where they made us dinner and we played with their kittens!

The next day we took a bus to the Coral Coast, the southern part of the main island (deciding it would be too time consuming and expensive to try and get to one of the smaller, and apparently prettier, islands). We stayed in Tubukula Beach Bungalows for five nights - our room was in an apartment with living room, kitchen etc but, as the other rooms were empty the whole week, we had it all to ourselves! It was really nice, we were right by the palm tree-lined beach and had a swimming pool etc. We were ready to relax before the madness of America!

While there we went on walks to the villages down the road and to the resort next door (which was five-star, so we made use of their internet and air-con!). We also took a local bus to Sigatoka, the nearest town, for a look round. We were quite sad to end our 'holiday' when the time came to fly to America!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

FrogFrog
Frog

They were everywhere at night!


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb