Los Angeles


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

After spending almost an entire day at Nadi Airport, we got our overnight flight to LA, being frisked, fingerprinted, photographed, all the usual American security. We found our hostel on the Hollywood Boulevard, fortunately being given a four-bed dorm to ourselves (upgraded from 6-bed, lucky us!) for the time we were there to be able to sleep. We enjoyed being the usual tourists and looking at the Kodak Theatre, the Chinese Theatre and the Walk of Fame.

The next day we took the Metro to Universal Studios! Amy was pretty much beside herself with excitement. We headed straight for the Mummy Ride and, as we'd got there early, managed to spend an hour going on that and the Jurassic Park Ride repeatedly. We saw some shows and spent the day topping up our tans, as it was fortunately very hot. Another favourite was the 'House of Horrors', where Amy unfortunately got picked on every time as she looked terrified. One man, dressed as Dracula, actually followed her and snorted in her ear. Aaaah!

We spent the next day walking round, deciding against the Hollywood Stars' Homes tours as they were bordering on slightly creepy. We saw Sunset Boulevard and Beverly Hills (VERY posh) and even managed to find the block of flats where Matthew Perry and Elton John lived. The next day we were off to Vegas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

For Emily!For Emily!
For Emily!

(Wisteria Lane)
For KathrynFor Kathryn
For Kathryn

(it's a waxwork...)


Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb