Cruising Oceania – Places Definitely Worth Seeing


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 3rd 2017
Published: August 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Oceania – the unique place on Earth where the ocean connects six wonderful countries: Australia – the largest and the most populous one, New Zealand – a highly popular country for tourists, Papua New Guinea – with its tropical rainforests, Polynesia – with its paradise-like islands, Melanesia and Micronesia – mythical and beautiful remote destinations.



Before starting your trip, however, there are some things you need to know. First of all, even though you are going on a cruise, there will be a lot of exploring – so strappy sandals really aren’t the best footwear choice. Next, know that some ports have a certain dress code, but don’t worry - you will be notified in advance. Also, make sure to pack your passport, sunscreen and other essentials, and your trip can begin.

The paradise of the Pacific Islands




If you opt for Pacific Island cruises in 2017, you will see everything. There is something for everybody - those who love to sit back and enjoy, as well as those who love the adrenaline-pumped, fun experiences.

The first stop is the wonderful Noumea: the capital city of New Caledonia. You will have a chance to visitAmedée’s towering lighthouse which is among the tallest lighthouses in the world. Here, you’ll be able to work your quads a bit since you’ll be climbing 247 steps to the top. Next, there are countless splendid villages like Yate where you can see all the beautiful beaches, waterfalls and lakes, Tjibaou cultural center that celebrates Kanak culture etc.





The next stop is the
">Vanuatu Mystery Island – the secret gem of the South Pacific. Here you can go on a snorkel safari where you can enjoy the underwater mysteries, go paddle boarding, enjoy a traditional Vanuatu relax massage and visit village markets.

Finally, after a long day of cruising, fill your tummy with a unique Fiji beachside BBQ in Port Denarau and enjoy the view of the most beautiful and colorful corals on the 70-meter-long Rainbow Reef. The Fijian Firewalking spectacle is going to help you digest it all just fine.

The Great Barrier Reef




This is probably the most amazing natural wonder in the entire world that can even be seen from space. In other words, it is a place that everybody should visit at least once in their life. The best time to visit it is when the weather is mild and
New ZealandNew ZealandNew Zealand
visibility is good, which is between June and November.

When it comes to things you shouldn’t miss at theGBR, there are many stunning species such as clownfish, butterfly fish, surgeonfish, parrot fish, triggerfish etc., a wonderful sand bar at Carnis with a spectacular view, reef islands on pontoon, glass bottom boat cruising, tropical drive, Esplanade Boardwalk, Kuranda – the Rainforest village and many more.

Melbourne




For all of you city lovers out there, this city offers the perfect combination of world-class wining and dining, art galleries, fashion and sports. You can wander through laneways where you’ll find various coffee shops, unique boutiques etc., enjoy some cocktails at rooftop bars, satisfy your sweet tooth on Acland Street and explore the National Gallery of Victoria – the oldest Australian gallery, founded in 1861.

New Zealand




New Zealand is probably one of the coolest and the most magical countries in the world. There is just SO MANY things to see and do! No matter where you go, you will see amazing natural sceneries, epic wildlife and man-made enticements such as the biggest bungee in the world, skydiving etc. Also, New Zealand has an incredibly rich history and culture combined with the friendliest locals you will ever meet.



These were just four out of countless fabulous places you can see while cruising the Oceania. I hope – no, I KNOW that you will have a wonderful time. Bon voyage!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.362s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb