Why did I do this


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 10th 2014
Published: December 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last full day in Melbourne, we spent it really chilled went to the gym in the morning and did a few more of the sights one of the things we stumbled up was Melbourne's graffiti art on some alleyways that was really cool to see.
Laura also surprised me and bought me a selfie stick! Out of all the things she could come back with that was definitely not something I would have seen coming.
On the night we went to TGI's and had a few drinks before going to bed.
Now we spent the next day flying to Sydney, spent the morning getting ready. We needed to get to the train station to get to the airport. So we take this long walk with our backpacks all the way to flinders street station took about 20 minutes... With a backpack it's a killer.
Get to the station and realise we are at the wrong one... Kill me now... Shoulders are numb.
So we take a train for 1 block to the right station as we both said no way to walking.
The flight to Sydney itself was fine but Sydney is currently going through bad weather storms every night, they are not kidding weather was crazy. We arrived at the hostel which was nomads so far they have been ok but we get into the place the first thing that's wrong is it smells like a sewer. We had to wait half an hour before we could get up to the room. There is only one lift working and the stairs are locked eventually got up there and the room was vile.
Laura has gone quiet she is not happy we lasted an hour then we cracked... Only one thing to do... We booked a hotel!
We grabbed our stuff and ran out of that place down this alleyway backpacks swinging everywhere for the second walk with them bad boys.
Now we are in a hotel which for anyone backpacking sometimes you just need one just had pizza and frozen yogurt it ended well.
So will see what Sydney brings!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb