Day 56 Agnes Water


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
November 23rd 2014
Published: December 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Woke up as the sun came up which is one of the hazards of the campervan. We had a pretty heavy driving day ahead of us today. After being yelled at by a bar lady because apparently we couldn't use that toilet, even though that is where the lady the night before had told us where the toilet is, and being leered at by drunk men still drinking from the night before, we set off. What a way to start the morning.



Our first stop was at a place called Marlborough where obviously we got an ice coffee. It was kind of eerie as it was like a dead town. The selection of ice coffees from the convenience store was extensive. They seem to have huge amounts of it for sale in general stores here, which is proving helpful for our new refreshment addiction. I cheekily ran through some sprinklers to cool down. It was a super hot day, windows down bikinis on being abused again.



We then made our second pitstop at Rockhampton to utilise their giant shopping mall to stock up on things. Also to see civilisation as we hadn't seen many people for a while. It was busy and the shopping centre was all christmassy. I even saw father christmas, with the token crying child on his knee whilst the mum took photos. Nice to be back in civilisation for a bit.



Agnes water was the next place on our long list and we made use of their beach for a couple hours. It was really beautiful and not too busy. Plus fortunately it was later on in the evening so it wasn't ridiculously hot. Had a nice dip in the sea, still not sure whether we need to worry about jellyfish or not. There were red and yellow flags of the lifeguards up saying you could swim between these areas.



After this we headed to a free camp rest area by the side of the road. Trying to use as many of these as possible along the way as it cuts costs. There is a downside to these free ones. They are obviously very basic. The compromise on this particular spot was the disgusting toilets – one of which was unusable but unfortunately you had to hold your nose, shield your eyes and grab toilet roll as the other one (just about okay) had no toilet roll. This was in between dodge the toad, lizard and bugs. Still I am carrying the fear that another will get stuck in my hair and then scarily hiss at me. Hiding like wimps in the campervan, we watched twilight. Nothing like sexy vampires to take your mind of the amount of poo and bugs you have just seen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb