Gorgeous George


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
September 1st 2013
Published: September 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

For those of you who haven't met George, he is 26, Tasmanian, gold and doesn't like mornings. For those of you who have, you will know he is unreliable, ugly (sorry George) and incredibly messy - a bargain at $750. George's first trip began successfully (well as good as could be expected for $750) and made it the grand total of 1 day before he decided to make noises and smells that signalled his death. Having been sensible and taken George on a small first trip on busy roads with constant traffic to stop and help if (i mean when) he broke down. No. Instead we drove hundreds of miles onto a dirt track (what were we thinking?!) where we were stuck with the basic car skills of opening the bonnet, peering inside and swearing. Having been stuck there for a while, hating each other, the car and the German backpackers that sold him to us we were eventually helped by some passing backpackers who managed to get George running again. With the best case scenario being making it to the next town and off the dirt road, we set off again to find that George made it the whole way home and surprisingly has not broken down since. Despite having to fill him up with water and blow up his tyre each morning, bleed the brakes, change his windscreen wipers, buy power steering fluid - he is a dream. Sort of.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb