Erldunda - Yulara


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
June 9th 2012
Published: June 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 7

We've crossed the border into NT. Stayed overnight at Erldunda which was pretty uneventful. Have to say, I'm totally impressed by our 3 boys and how they cope with the long hours of driving, no fights, no complaints, no DVDs and not even a DS! They just cruise, so easy! We play games and listen to stuff, at the moment we're alternating between War of the Worlds (Matthew's choice) and Starlight Express (Daniel and Ryan's preference).

Day 8

We arrived at Yulara Resort near Uluru today. It's quite a sprawling mini metropolis (compared to what we've been through so far). We're here for 4 nights so it'll be nice to stay put for a bit and take our time. We drove out to The Rock this afternoon to watch the sunset. Quite magical! The colour is really intense; photos don't do it justice. It's easy to see why this area is special to the Anungu people it's quite majestic and spiritual just being near it.

Tomorrow Matthew and I will brave the sunrise at the Rock, then the whole family will do some of the shorter walks around Uluru and Kata Tjuta.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



10th June 2012

Found you
Glad it is going so well. I specially like the family photo at Uluru. We can only see your entry of the 9th with 4 photos. Keep it up. We love to follow your adventure. All quiet here. Love you all heaps, mum

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb