Forgot about this


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
February 20th 2012
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well i totally thought that I just wrote a blog on wednesday night for some reason... apparently I didn't. Well I got my phone fixed monday and it took a good 5 hours out of the day, but I came out with a new phone which was good. We also lost the car in the car park, because it was designed like a maze with letters and colours, and we had to wait around while security searched the car park for the car. Fun times. The weather this past week has finally been starting to get nice and warm and sunny, and we had a good week of school. On thursday was possibly the easiest day ever because we didn't have a single class, and the one class we were supposed to go to, we had morning tea with the headmaster. There was lambingtons and fairy bread and all this aussie food. It was a good morning. Then on friday because it was so nice and sunny, me will and zac decided to go for a surf down at one of the beaches. I thought i would be alright because i surfed lots in Hawaii. Well it was waaaaaaaaaay different. I got a board that was considered big here, but from what i was used to, it was tiny. But i didn't think the board would be a big problem, thought i would get used to it. Wellllll turns out surfing in hawaii is a loooooot different than surfing in Hawaii... The waves are way more reckless and vicious than hawaii and it is way more dense, and not spread out. So when we got out to where we were going to catch our waves, which wasn't very far, the first wave i tried to catch i caught it late, got right up on the top of it, still on my stomach because i thought i missed it, then i got dumped so hard into the water, doing flips underwater and some how ending up really close to shore. Then when i tried to get back to where we were, it was every 5-10 seconds getting hit by a massive way that threw you back 5 meters. it took about 20 minutes to barely go anywhere, and getting constantly hit, and flipped underwater, just to resurface to get decked in the face again. It was a good experience, even though i didn't catch a wave, i just got destroyed out there. The surf wasn't good that day at all. Oh and also when we went out, even though the day was really sunny, for some reason when we went to surf, the clouds came out and it got cold. Then on saturday, we got up early to head down to sydney for the famous bridge climb. They say it takes 3 hours, and you wonder how it could possibly take that long. Well it took an hour and a half just to suit up and get ready, so thats where half the time went. But the climb itself was amazing, worth every penny. Then we went home and went to the mariners game which they won 2-0. Thats the second game i have gone to that they have won by 2. Good day. Oh yeah and for the bridge climb, it was really sunny and super clear out, so we could see everything, which was really lucky.Then on Sunday morning, we had a super early morning, waking up at 6:30 to get ready to go paintballing for a birthday. On the drive up it was really really foggy, but when we got to the paintball place it ended up clearing up. It took a while to get going, but we ended up mixing up with these other guys, that im pretty sure were professional paintballers. It got super hot out, and being all suited up with a mask, you sweat so much its not even funny. And your not allowed to take the mask off because of saftey so its a steam room going on and when you get to the place where you can take off the masks, your head is soaked with sweat, it was gross. But it was soooo much fun, aside from the fact the team i was on kept losing and it wasn't until halfway through that they realized the other team had 8 more players than us, many of which were the older guys. Once they evened up the teams, our team won the rest of the games. Many nice welts for everyone on that day. I don't think a single person finished without at least one welt. After that, when we got back, we all went to the beach and went in the water. The waves were amazing, and we were body surfing for a loooong time. We caught some massive waves that just dumped you under so hard, but it was really fun. Then we just chilled on the beach for a while before going back. Then we went home, exhausted. ANd today was monday. Not much happened, school happened. Might skip school tomorrow and go to the blue mountains, depending on the weather because just this afternoon, a massive rain storm hit and it just came down so hard. So if its raining that hard tomorrow we might not go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb