Back from the roda trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
January 20th 2012
Published: January 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well its been an amazing 10 days up the gold coast even though the weather didnt cooperate for most of it. Heres what weve been up to in the past 10 days:

On Jan 11, the day before we left, Zac came over and we just were in the pool almost all day and outside relaxing, and then he stayed over and we played xbox during the night, and the next morning we started getting ready to leave to start our road trip. We left at about 1pm and had a 5 hour car ride up to Armidale. The whole time we were basically on one road that winded up and went on forever, we went through tons of farmland which hhuge rolling hills everywhere and trees all around. It was a nice drive. Then we stopped and stayed in a motel in Armidale which wasnt the best place, but it was only for one night, so it was ok. The next morning we left early and hace a 7 hour car ride to Bribie Island. On the way a kangaroo ran right in front of the car and we were really close to hitting it. I was asleep for a lot of the car ride. When we got to bribie island, and got to our hotel, we got informed that we got upgraded to a penthouse, which was huuugee with 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, 2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms, and we also got our own private rooftop with a barbeque, and our own spa. It was an awesome place to stay. We went out to tea at wills nans place, and then went out for a chinese dinner which was really good. Then we just went back to our penthouse, which also has a pool and free minigolf i forgot to say... and we went to bed. The next morning we went to our private rooftop and barbequed bacon, beans, eggs, tomatoes, and toast and had a nice breakfast on our rooftop. Then we walked about 5 minutes down to the beach to go for a swim. The area we went to had almost no people which was great and the water was really really warm. When will and I were just laying on the beach relaxing and then out of nowhere a wave came and made it up the hill and all the way to where we were laying and soaked us.... after that i decided to go for a run on the beach and then we walked back and went in the spa and relaxed for a while. Then we went out to nans for dinner. The next morning we stopped by nans again to say bye, and we started driving to wet and wild. We drove there in 2 hours and along the way it got really sunny and then also poured rain. When we got there we started going on the rides, and the lines were huge, and then a storm rolled in and it started pouring rain. So we decided to get picked up early because we could go there again anyway. We drove to our hotel, the Q1 which was absolutely amazing. Its the tallest residential building in the whole southern hemisphere with 74 floors. It also had 2 massive outdoor pools, and one indoor heated pool with a spa, steam room, sauna, gym, and a gamesroom. Will and I had our own room on the 19th floor and it was an amazing room for just the two of us. It had 2 tvs, a laundry room, bathroom, kitchen, living room and a random little area with two chairs near the window. We relaxed in our rooms for a bit and then we went out for dinner. The next morning Will and I woke up at around 6:30 and went to the gym for a while, and afterward went into the steam room, which was amazing. Then we had nice cold showers and a swim in the pool and started heading back to our rooms. It was incredibly painful to walk back to our rooms, because we were so smart we ran barefoot on treadmills and burnt the bottom of our feet.... but we eventually made it back, and then went out for breakfast and went shopping around for a bit. Our hotel was right around everything so it was really easy to go shopping and everything was really close. Then we went to Dream World at around noon and stayed there going on all the rides till about 5:30. The rides were amazing. Then we went out to dinner at a japanese restaurant where the cook the food in front of you, and do those crazy tricks and throw eggs at you and you have to catch them. Then we went out shopping in the pouring rain for a bit before heading back to the hotel. The next morning we woke up later than we planned to, but went out to a pancake place for breakfast. We decided not to go to movie world, and just have a relaxing day. We shopped again for a nice long time, and roamed the streets. We found an internet cafe and relaxed there for a while. When we went back to the hotel we went into the steam room, and the heat level was broken, so there was no limit and the steam just kept coming out of the pipe, and it got so hot it was hard to breathe and it was so foggy you could barely see, it felt amazing though, and we stayed in there, i think it was 70 degrees. Then we went for a swim and chilled in our rooms for a while. That night we went to the outback spectacular which was a show where you dine in and they serve you food and its a story you watch with horses back in the old times, it was really cool. We could of been in it if we said we were 18 but we didnt get to ... They served 1000 meals in just under 8 minutes which was pretttttty impressive. The next morning we woke up really early again and went to the gym for a bit, but instead of the steam room we walked to the beach and went for a swim and relaxed on the beach for a bit. Our hotel was about a 30 second walk to the beach, so it was easy. Then we went back to our rooms and hung our in our rooms. We went to Movie World pretty early, around 9:45 and it was scorching hot when we got there. We were all wearing our outback spectacular hats we got from the night before to shade the sun, and then a couple hours into movie world, it started raining again. But we still got in the really good rides which were realllllly fun. When we got back to the hotel we went into the steam room again, and they tried to fix that problem, but it didnt work and it still got waaaaaaaaaaaay hotter than it should have, so after being in there for 5 minutes it looked like you jumped in a pool. Once we got out we went for a swim and then tried out the spa because for once, no one was in it. Then we went out to dinner at a mexican restaurant. Afterwards we went to a night market, where they sold some pretty crazy things. The next morning Will and I decided not to go to wet and wild again, but luke and fergus did. We woke up early and went to the beach because it was a really nice day and we just relaxed there. We roamed the streets for a while afterwords and then met up with mum and dad and went for lunch. After lunch we went to an attraction called "Infinity" It was a long wait but it was an incredibly experience. It takes 40 minutes to walk through it and its an illusion so that you feel like you are walking through space or something crazy, i dont know how to explain it. Theres tons of mirrors in some places with lasers everywhere, walls that inclose, floors that move, and its all dark and you have to find your way through it, and it feels like your standing in space with lasers everywhere in some places, it was amazing. Then once we got back we went to the gym for a bit and then were in the pool for a loooong time. Fergus and Luke, when they were at wet and wild, were one dollar short to getting a locker so they hid theit stuff in a bush, and both of their iphones got stolen. greeeaattt idea.... Then today we woke up early and got out on the road at 7:30ish for a looooooooooooooooong ride home, we got b back home at about 6:45pm and now im sitting writing this HUUUUUUUGE paragraph. I could of written my english essay, or gotten homework done but noooppeee, doing this.

😊

Advertisement



21st January 2012

essay
I will give you an A on that essay. good content, information well organized also very interesting.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb