January 6/12


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
January 6th 2012
Published: January 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day three in the land down under! Yesterday we had a nice relaxing day, just hanging out by the pool and relaxing not doing much. We played soccer tennis in the tennis court for quite some time, and the courts here are made sort of like artificial turf, but with no pebbles and a lot shorted instead of cement, so the soccer was easy to play in bare feet. Later that night we went to the pub for a family dinner with one of Wills close family friends, and it was quite an aussie place to eat. It was very casual, as you cook your own meat and decide what sides you want to have with it. Yesterdays weather went from 30 degrees, to cloudy, and it was really all over the place, but it was beautiful throughout the day. At about 11:30pm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thunder storm decided to roll on in and lightning flashes every 10 seconds. We decided to have a sleep over in my room because it was such a cool event. We rolled up the blinds and had a strobe light from the lightning and loud crashes from thunder, and constant rain. We somehow all managed to get a great sleep with 3 of us in one double bed. Today we had a casual morning, and we went out to the reptile park, which was really really cool. I got a python put around my shoulders, and held a wombat and a baby alligator. We could also pet koalas and you could just walk around with kangaroos and pet them and hold their hands. We also saw many other reptiles and spiders, and hugggee alligators and crocodiles getting fed which was really cool to see. Its been an awesome trip so far!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb