Crocs


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
November 9th 2011
Published: November 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The title of today's entry does not imply in any shape or form that we purchased hideous new shoes.....we decided to go to Crocodile Adventures. When we purchased our tickets, Paul promptly signed Janet up for crocodile feeding duties. Is he getting tired of her? We made our way to the quiet swamp enclosure...but let the trainer pull out a dead chicken, and rustling ensued and about 40 huge crocodiles made their way over. The trainer used a large pole with crocodiles snapping all around him....Janet's stomach started to churn. Thank goodness the volunteer feeders got a bamboo pole with a chicken head on the end. The small offering got the crocs pretty agitated....just think of what a meatier morsel (Chipper, for example) would have done....

We then took a boat ride around the croc lagoon and the driver fed the various crocs, one of which was about 20 feet long. Janet was snapping the lunging, snapping, twirling beasts like a photographer from National Geographic. She tried to persuade Paul to lean a bit over the boat to get a lunging 20 footer in the background....a sure cover shot....but he refused.

We drove up the coast to Port Douglas, seeing one more spectacular beach after another. Surprisingly they are all mostly empty as it is stinger (jellyfish) season. All of the beaches have a container of vinegar to be used if you are stung. We read that urine can be used in a pinch....Janet is drinking lots of water during the day should Paul get stung.

On our return we saw a field full of wallabies...we stopped for pictures, but the novelty is starting to wear off....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb