16 August 2011


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 21st 2011
Published: August 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke to news that snow had arrived on North Island and although not affecting Napier it had blocked one of the 2 roads to Wellington. Obviously keen to get over to the warmth of Sydney, we therefore set off hoping the weather would get no worse as we travelled south.

When we arrived in Wellington around 2.30pm it was to a virtual blizzard but fortunately it wasn’t laying on the roads. Apart from Stephanie and Tux the rest of us decided not to brave the dreadful weather during the afternoon. The apartments we were staying in didn’t have a restaurant so we had to decide whether to brave the weather to get food to cook in or find somewhere very nearby. Fortunately right next door there was a pub/restaurant that looked really good, so Stephanie, Tux and I checked it out, sampled a beer and booked a table.

Around 7.30 we all braved the very strong winds to walk about 50yds to the Lone Star pub and had a great meal. Brief power cuts were experienced throughout the evening, accompanied by very loud thunder and lightning.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb