16 August 2011


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 21st 2011
Published: August 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We didn’t have to leave for the airport until around 1pm so with much better weather this morning, Stephanie, Tux, Samantha & Neil checked out early and went off to explored the city. I went for an early walk around and to move the car, but then headed to a market to get some things for breakfast. I let Eryl and Michael sleep in to about 9.30.

We checked out at 11am and I decided that I’d use the car to visit the Botanical Gardens and go up to Mount Victoria for a fantastic view over the whole Wellington Harbour. Stephanie and Tux elected to join us, but Samantha and Neil carried on doing their own thing.

We picked them up from the hotel at 1pm and headed for the airport, with fingers crossed that the promised further snowstorm would not materialise until after we had flown out. The rain got heavier and heavier but fortunately we were able to leave on time.

We arrived in Sydney earlier than I expected, but the driver was there to meet us. It took us about 25 minutes to drive to the hotel in North Sydney to pick up the keys for the apartment. Although very nearby, it then took a while to find the apartment.

The apartment is actually a townhouse and is OK but not one of the best we have stayed in – a bit tired. Its also next door to the railway line! However it was well located right near the bridge and Luna Park. It did not have internet!

Stephanie and Tux pretty soon decided to head into Sydney to explore. The rest of us got ready to go out to get some food. We walked down to Lavender Bay (quite a drop) hoping to find a restaurant on the waterfront, but there weren’t any. Some people exercising down there gave us some advice where to go and they were right. Samantha and Neil decided not to join Eryl, Michael and I. I had Blue Nose Cod covered with a herb and almond crust – very nice.

Stephanie and Tux didn’t get back to 11.45pm or 1.45am NZ time and had explored Darling Harbour.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb